Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is $100 worth signing away any future problems after accident?

Continuation from my previous question about an accident where I was hit from behind. (it was the other drivers fault). ..Now that the insurance company has offered to fix the car, they also offered 0 for any future problems that may arise from this. I don't think there will be any problems, I have 24 hours to sign (I asked them to give me 24 hrs to decide). I really don't want anything except for them to fix my car. Should I sign and take the 0? I mean would that be right? If nothing is wrong then why should I take the 0? And if I do and something is wrong ..then what then? Any advise??

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it's not worth $100 to sign off on all future medical bills.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Simply put, NO. I'm an underwriter with a major insurance company. They do this to release liability for future claims and save money for themselves in the future. You can have other problems relating to this, so don't let a petty amount like $100 put you in a predicament that may cost you much more in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NO. they have more money than that. A doctors visit is always more than 100 dollars and they know that. They also know if you are not at fault the attorneys fees will rock their world and they will go up. If I were you, I wouldnt settle for less than 1000.00
    You might even get more than that.

Try a counter offer. they will haggle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are not injured, or if you never claimed any injuries, why are they even making you an offer? What is the $100 for anyway? I would not just willingly offer a claimant $100 for nothing. If you sign a release, you can never pursue any further claim in the future.

Tell them you do not want the $100 at this time, and you do not have to sign a release. If you have any further problems down the road, you can still pursue a claim assuming the statute of limitations has not expired.