AGREE OR DISAGREE? Religion statement {CONTROVERSIAL} ?

SKITTLES{sarahC}

Dec 12, 2008
do u agree???

"All religion covers the same basics, just presents it in the same way"
weather you do or not; why???
all religions basically say :be good , and don't do drugs

but, they all have different ways of presenting the same information
they all say the same thing; just have a different history

Take out the word "all" and I might agree. However, there are hundreds of belief systems that are vastly different from what you might consider "religious" and therefore the definitive cannot be used.

For example, research Wicca, Buddhism, and Christianity and you will see very different approaches towards a similar result; so much so that many times the end may or may not justify the means.

Islam & christianity are totally different.
The thing is, people seem to have God who created this world, as logic. People think there must be a God.
So, they have religions using a Most high God. =]
We aren't the same. And only one can be true.

And that's Christianity. Try studying it and you'll know what we christians are talking about.

Religions don't present "the basics" in the same way. They present them in a different way; that's why they're different. So, no, I don't agree with that quote.

It took me a long time to come to this understanding but yes I fully agree. All religions have the same basic principles: Faith in a higher power, Do good deeds, Live a moral life. I was once guilty of being so ignorant as to believe that my religion alone was in possession of the truth but I have long since seen the light.

Yes. Agree.

Not only that, but all religions are exactly the same. So are all fruit. If you eat an apple, you might as well eat a grapefruit. It's tha same thing. Also all people are the same person and have exactly the same bodies. Men can get pregnant the same as women. You might as well marry a obese ugly woman because she's the same as a supermodel. Everyone looks exactly the same. We all look like Oprah.

Not only that but all things are the same things. You can put a rattle snake in your pants and its the same as pouring a beer down there. You can drink drano and its the same as drinking bird feathers. Or battery acid. Or horse manure.

Taking a walk in the park is the same as jumping off the Empire State building. Go ahead, try it.

I disagree. Some religions say diametrically opposed things. They don't present the same information at all. Religion is a cultural expression of the approach to the Divine.

The Abrahamaic faiths are generally against any practices that pagans favor. For example, physical pleasure and especially sex is highly restricted in Christianity and Islam but celebrated in both ancient paganism and many of the modern versions where all acts of joy and pleasure honor the Goddess.

They don't all disapprove of drugs. Some paths use drugs as a part of their rituals.

no
All religions are different and their teachings are different which brings different results.

Since man wrote all the bibles, which one is right? Did God invent man or did man invent God? Easy answer.

Back