How many years are you supposed to use bathroom towels?

johnsonj

Dec 29, 2008
A friend of mine had an argument that towels are supposed to be used for nothing more than two years but he said ten if possible. Won't the towels become a habitation for germs in ten years time?

I have had towels for years, and thrown them out when they got old and ragged looking.

If your washing your towels right, and drying them right, then you have nothing to worry about

xx

They wont if laundered properly, I'm sure hospitals use sheets etc.. for surgery for longer periods.
However, I agree with you, my husband wants to keep hideous, ratty towels like they are a treasure- they may be clean (and I know because I wash them!) but it looks like me are living in a crack den.
I say two years tops- and they are always on sale so get a new set when you can

Until they fall apart and are utterly useless and even then people still use torn up bathroom towels.

no.....as long as you clean them properly then you can use them for ever.

I use the same towel to dry off with for about a week before I change it for a clean one though.....

If that were the case, it wouldn't not take that long for germs to accumulate. We use ours until they are not longer useable.

If that were the case, it wouldn't not take that long for germs to accumulate. We use ours until they are not longer useable.

Back