Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I Buy a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe 3.5L or 2007 BMW 328i. Both Manual ? ?

Both are Black 2DR Copues and around the same price. ,000. I think the same liter engine, not sure about the torque. Would like some opinions. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 1st answer gave a little bit of false information. The Honda engine he is reffering to is the one found in the 4 cylinder Accord, the 3.5L is the V-6 J series motor. It does produce more HP than the BMW, as well as more torque (230HP/200TQ for the BMW, VS. 268HP/ 248TQ for the Honda).
    Assuming both have similar options, (i.e. the Accord you are looking at is a top of the line model with leather, navigation etc) then in my opinion it comes down to a few factors.
    The biggest difference in these cars is that the Honda is FWD and the BMW is RWD. Performance junkies will tell you that RWD is much much better than FWD, but if you dont care about high speed cornering abilities then FWD will be more than adequate and will be much, much better in the snow.
    The BMW is expensive to own and maintain and is known to not be quite as reliable as the Honda, so it depends on what you are looking for. The BMW will give you some sort of status symbol and will be a great car, but the Honda will also be a great car with a little less flash, but great quality to back it up.

I personally would take the Accord if it was a high trim level such as the EX-L model. If not, I would choose the BMW if I could afford the maintenance. If you live somewhere where it snows I would only consider the AWD BMW 3 series models, but the Accord would still be an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 1st answer gave a little bit of false information. The Honda engine he is reffering to is the one found in the 4 cylinder Accord, the 3.5L is the V-6 J series motor. It does produce more HP than the BMW, as well as more torque (230HP/200TQ for the BMW, VS. 268HP/ 248TQ for the Honda).
    Assuming both have similar options, (i.e. the Accord you are looking at is a top of the line model with leather, navigation etc) then in my opinion it comes down to a few factors.
    The biggest difference in these cars is that the Honda is FWD and the BMW is RWD. Performance junkies will tell you that RWD is much much better than FWD, but if you dont care about high speed cornering abilities then FWD will be more than adequate and will be much, much better in the snow.
    The BMW is expensive to own and maintain and is known to not be quite as reliable as the Honda, so it depends on what you are looking for. The BMW will give you some sort of status symbol and will be a great car, but the Honda will also be a great car with a little less flash, but great quality to back it up.

I personally would take the Accord if it was a high trim level such as the EX-L model. If not, I would choose the BMW if I could afford the maintenance. If you live somewhere where it snows I would only consider the AWD BMW 3 series models, but the Accord would still be an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the honda is the better car all round but the bmw has a better resale value

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I would choose the Honda. Here in the UK Honda have got the edge on reliability

Downloads
    Uploads