Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fish troubles. HELP! Tank Size, Fish Breed.?

About 6 months ago I got 2 little feeder fish from the over-crowded pet store tank. They were the tiniest little things ever. I placed them in a 2 gallon tank with plants and a hideout. Now, 6 months later, they have outgrown their tank. My mother won't let me buy a bigger tank, (even though there's a 10 gallon on sale for less than $40 that comes with everything). I do have another 2 gallon tank, but I really don't want to separate them. My mom yelled at me when I asked her if I could get the bigger tank, so I don't think convincer her is going to happen. Has anyone ever had this problem ? What did you do ?
    And yes, i know a 2 gallon tank is too small to begin with, but it has a filter and everything and they seem to be happy in it, I'd just love for them to have more room to stratch out those legs.. er.. fins..

One more question,
    when I first got my fish, Elroy was dark orange with black all over him, and Fish Sticks was light silver with Dark silver all over him. Now that they've grown, Elroy is bright orange, and Fish Sticks is white with an orange tint(that is getting more and more orange every day). Is this normal?
    They also appear to be of different breeds. Fish Sticks is long, slim and his tail makes up about half the length of his body, whereas Elroy is shorter, more compact, and he has a short but tall tail.

Does anyone know what types of fish they use for feeders that match those descriptions ?

Thanks for your help!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is normal for goldfish (which I'm assuming they are) when they are born their silverish and turn orange as they get bigger.