should i go to california to meet my childhood sweetheart?

gyaochan

Dec 29, 2008
we had crushes on each other in 7th grade, then i moved out of the country and we didn't talk for all of high school. now we're both freshmen in college. i'm in new york, he's still in california.

around september this year we started talking again through the great wonder that is facebook. it was like a "meet online" situation in that we hadn't seen each other though we had both inevitably changed a lot in high school, but we had already met.

and it was fun and exciting for the first month. he wanted to visit me this break, but he couldn't save up enough money. after it was established he wasnt coming to new york it started feeling tedious. the conversation started to dry up, he seemed less invested, less interesting, and even less nice. he stopped asking what was up with me ,and only answered my questions (what did you do today, how were your exams, etc) but whenever i would stop talking to him, stop texting or replying him... he always contacted me again. always came back for more

i think about giving up on it. long distance is nearly impossible. but then i think maybe he's just bad with words. sometimes he comes through and does something sweet. but i dont want to be dealing with this tedious communication thing just for the 1/10 times something good happens

but i do really like him. and he says he still wants to "be with me" even if we cant see each other. but i really dont know if that will work out.

am i hung up on something that would never last?

this break i'm home overseas, but i have two choices for my return trip.

1) go straight home to new york
2) go to california first, have awkward meetings with old friends from high school, and surprise him at his doorstep with a christmas present.

what should i do? its killing me

If you really like him(and you have the $), go for it. You'll probably have alot of fun and it will bring back old memories.

Back