How do you remove ice from your windshield?

emanzeme

Dec 28, 2008
I live in Arizona and we only deal with icy windshield for a month or two. But every morning, there is a very thick layer of ice on my windshield. It's a tad annnoying.

Other than scraping it off, is there a good way to get it off the windshield???

Thanks for any help!

get an ice scraper or use a credit card to scrape of when when in the car use the defroster.

Get you a big ole bucket of hot water and then throw it on you windshield. That how we do it in the south

my husband used to boiled a kettle of warmish-hot water and dump it on his windshield to get rid of the frost

Put something over your windshield at night, like cardboard, or a blanket. This will keep the ice off...in the morning just pull of the cardboard and go...no scraping required.

That's really the best way especially if it is a thick layer of ice but if it is a thin layer you could turn on your defroster for a little while you spray it with windshield washer fluid but it has to be pretty thin for that to work well over all the way is to scrap it.

get a piece of cardboard about the size of you windshield and turn your car off when the windshield wiper's are in action most of the way on the windshield, put the cardboard under the wiper's on the windshield. And the next morning, you will not have to deal with the ice at all

you can buy a d icer liquid or of course turn your car on for 10 mins before you want to drive this will help remove the ice more quickly

Back