Why do my parents have to judge me like if I'm like every other teen, meanwhile...?

Maxwell

Jun 22, 2008
...I'm way more mature and more intelligent then most other teenagers. I'm not being conceited or anything, but to be honest with my parents really don't treat me at my maturity level. I have all honors classes in school, I do sports and extracurriculars, I have really good friends, straight A student, I don't get into all the stupid drama BS that some stupid ignorant immature kids get into. What more do my parents want exactly? They treat me as if I'm like a little baby. I know someone is going to say "Oh you're a teenager, you don't know about the world as much as an adult." No. That's BS. Sometimes I just feel lost because my parents don't believe I'm mature enough to do something or whatever, and then I have to deal with stupid immature high school kids who don't have any idea about anything. On weekends most of the time, all I really do is stay home or go and hang out with some friends who aren't ignorant and stupid because I'd rather not go to some stupid party with fake and ignorant high school kids. I just feel like I should have more privileges from my parents and be treated as if I'm older. How can I get my parents to believe I'm more mature then they treat me?

Back