Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Connecting to wireless internet on the Dell Latitude D600 laptop?

I have an old Dell Latitude D600 laptop and it was infected with a virus. So i re-installed windows xp pro from a cd. Everything worked great, and it is now running great. The problem is, is that the laptop is not picking up ANY wireless connections at all. When i try to go to the "connect to" menu of the start menu, there is no "wireless connection" link. Also, in the taskbar there is no connection icons showing that i am connected or not to an internet connection.

So, im pretty sure a driver is missing or something, and i tried downloading a couple wireless drivers for the dell latitude d600 on my desktop, transferring it to my laptop with a flash driver, and installing them, but it did nothing. Does anyone know what to do or where i can find the right driver to install for this? Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is good that XP is working after the re-install, and it is common that some hardware does not work after a re-install.

Try this first:

Open up your control panel, click Add Hardware, a dialog box pops up then click Next and it will ask you if you have already connected the hardware to the computer. Click Yes then click Next. A list of all installed hardware will be displayed, look at this list and you will see your wireless network card in this list. Write down the name and model number of the wireless network card that you have. Click on the wireless network card in that list then click next and follow the prompts.

If that doesn't fix it, then Google for the name and number of the wireless card and find the drivers that go with that wireless adapter, download and install them and that will probably fix your problem. You can download to another computer and copy the files to a USB flash drive, or use an Ethernet Cable and connect the Dell Latitude D600 to your router and download it directly to the laptop.

Let me know if this works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is good that XP is working after the re-install, and it is common that some hardware does not work after a re-install.

Try this first:

Open up your control panel, click Add Hardware, a dialog box pops up then click Next and it will ask you if you have already connected the hardware to the computer. Click Yes then click Next. A list of all installed hardware will be displayed, look at this list and you will see your wireless network card in this list. Write down the name and model number of the wireless network card that you have. Click on the wireless network card in that list then click next and follow the prompts.

If that doesn't fix it, then Google for the name and number of the wireless card and find the drivers that go with that wireless adapter, download and install them and that will probably fix your problem. You can download to another computer and copy the files to a USB flash drive, or use an Ethernet Cable and connect the Dell Latitude D600 to your router and download it directly to the laptop.

Let me know if this works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&os=WW1&osl=en&cat id=&impid=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600 , i know this is a long add. but it's where you'll find all drivers for your laptop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&os=WW1&osl=en&cat id=&impid=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600 , i know this is a long add. but it's where you'll find all drivers for your laptop.