Hopefully beside simply the "euro moped" style ones made by Razor mostly for 10-13 year olds that go a measley 15-mph.

My problem is my tiny (5 foot tall) 25-year-old girlfriend (who was very sheltered until she moved out of her parents' house) does not have a drivers license and needs something she can use to learn how to drive and follow basic traffic laws with that

A) are not expensive to buy and/or expensive to insure like a car and
B) qualifies as a "neighborhood vehicle" IE no more than 25mph top speed under Texas law so she can drive it legally without a license on 35-or-less mph speed limit streets.
C) can teach her the exact same balance, traffic watching/attention, and throttle control concepts needed to ride a scooter once she does get her license

Links would be greatly appreciated...ideally the type of moped would cost under 0 and have a top speed of exactly 25mpg...though 20mph top speed mopeds (gas or electric) would still be good.

For the record: I ride/drive a 250cc Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle and have both a Class-M and Class-C drivers' license.

And even though the Ninja is tiny for a motorcycle my 5 foot tall g/f can't even touch the ground while sitting on it.
Also...the only full-spec scooters that she seems to fit on are only the very smallest 50cc models and when she test drove one she almost threw herself backward (too much power). So I am really trying to be careful here.