Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If Christ is the founder of Christianity, then a person can be right or wrong concerning things about him according to what he said. Is the Roman Catholic Church right about what they say or do? Read what He said and figure it out for yourself.

John 3
    17 "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Is there anything concerning the Roman Catholic Church in these words? Or is it about Christ and trusting Him?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Catholicism is the One True Faith. You can know for sure by practicing devotion to the Holy Rosary:

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/rosary/how_to.htm

The fifteen promises of Mary to Christians who recite the rosary:
    1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
    2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
    3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
    4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
    5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
    6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.
    7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
    8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in Paradise.
    9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
    10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
    11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
    12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
    13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
    14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
    15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

God bless!
    Fred

Downloads
    Uploads
    John 4: God is spirit and he desires worshippers in spirit and in truth.

Whatever name or shoolaboolaloo you use doesn't matter. That's why Jesus teaches that people who regard his name might still not receive eternal life. What's important is your inner heart and that you're honest with God.
    Tip: Don't mix honesty up with blabbering though... keep in mind how you behave ;]

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no right religion.

Junior Member Pangelhuggingtheworld's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you cant really know
    most people only believe what they are raised to believe
    some people question that and find they believe something quite different deep down
    some people are happy with their religion and remain with it

the first religions go back thousands of years before Judaism let alone Christianity
    the oldest practised religion just now is Hinduism and branches of Paganism

Downloads
    Uploads
    just stick with being Catholic...it's the way to go

Downloads
    Uploads
    The origin is God. Jesus is God's Son. Jesus did not tell his followers to go out into the world to preach his words until the majority of Jews had refused to follow him. Although the Christian faith is based in part on Judeism, it has taken it a step further.

The first official "church" that was set up was in Rome...i.e. Roman Catholic. However, no where in the Bible does Jesus say that having "churches" (organized religion) is what he had in mind. He knew..just as I know...that person to person sharing of faith will go a lot further to bring people to God than will a preacher or priest standing in front of you on Sunday morning will do. Seek God, not religion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jesus started THE church

Jesus is the ONLY religious leader who was able to come back from the dead.
    All the other religious leaders died........and stayed that way

That in itself is enough for me to make a choice.

The Jews, as I understand it, thought was Jesus was here to establish an earthly kingdom. He was here to establish a Heavenly kingdom and offer us a way to get there.
    Since He didn't establish the earthly kingdom, the Jews do not think He is the Savior.

The Christian Church and Church of Christ more closely follow the teachings of Jesus, IMO.

Kp

Downloads
    Uploads
    ur heart

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is only One God, with many religions.
    I do not believe 'religion' is necessary to have an "up close and personal" relationship" with the Lord. It is, after all, between you and God, alone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast