Which car should I get? The 1995 Ford Probe GT or the 1994 Honda Prelude Si.?

Nov 18, 2008
not to put any ford owners down

but honda is a way better car mechanically.

ask any mechanic which one

and they will most likely

tell you honda over ford any day.

unless you talk to a ford mechanic that wants your future business.

The Probe has: Manual transmission, v6, 2.5L, 164 hp, black, 194,429 miles on odometer, 21-27mpg, $1900.
The Prelude has: Automatic transmission, v4, 2.3L, 160hp, Blue, 178,018 miles on odometer, 22-27mpg, $2900.

Ford brands aren't reliable long term and Honda has a better resale value. Whichever one u choose have a qualified mechanic check it out before u buy it.

Spend the extra money and get the Prelude. The Probe is pushing the limits on the mileage average. Honda's can get 300,000 miles plus with good maintenance. Horse power is the same or at least, unnoticeable, and the Probe will NOT out to the Honda on gas mileage.

prelude...its a japanese made car will likely last longer and not have as many problems. plus they look better than a ford probe.

Ford brands aren't reliable long term and Honda has a better resale value. Whichever one u choose have a qualified mechanic check it out before u buy it.

both are too expensive! i bet they're sold from a dealership too. personally i would buy something privately. you should be able to find something better (newer, less miles) for less than $1500. i shopped around on kijiji, auto trader, craigslist etc. and found a great deal on a 1998 ford ranger with 33" tires and less than 90k miles on it, for $1200. +$100 for a safety.

personally i think both cars are dogs. more so the probe.
200k miles on a probe seems like alot.
180k miles on a honda not as bad.

clutch is probably shit on the probe.
older hondas can be rustbuckets.

i'd be patient and keep searching. find a great deal!

both are too expensive! i bet they're sold from a dealership too. personally i would buy something privately. you should be able to find something better (newer, less miles) for less than $1500. i shopped around on kijiji, auto trader, craigslist etc. and found a great deal on a 1998 ford ranger with 33" tires and less than 90k miles on it, for $1200. +$100 for a safety.

personally i think both cars are dogs. more so the probe.
200k miles on a probe seems like alot.
180k miles on a honda not as bad.

clutch is probably shit on the probe.
older hondas can be rustbuckets.

i'd be patient and keep searching. find a great deal!

Back