Why do Subaru's drive better then some 4wd trucks in the snow?

man

May 21, 2008
I am thinking about getting an old legacy awd how are those at 100000 miles.

Subaru's are all wheel drive. My brother owns a wagon and that thing feels like it's flying when he hits the gas.

Subaru's are all wheel drive. My brother owns a wagon and that thing feels like it's flying when he hits the gas.

A Subaru might drive a little better in snow than some trucks for several reasons. First of all, those trucks may not really be 4wd while the Subaru is AWD. The Subaru could have better weight distribution. Not all 4wd trucks have things like traction control that the Subaru could have.

I've never heard anything really bad about Subarus (I'm still not a big fan though). Check the car out. Run it through Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) and get a price. Test drive it. If it runs good and is reasonable priced, go for it.

A Subaru might drive a little better in snow than some trucks for several reasons. First of all, those trucks may not really be 4wd while the Subaru is AWD. The Subaru could have better weight distribution. Not all 4wd trucks have things like traction control that the Subaru could have.

I've never heard anything really bad about Subarus (I'm still not a big fan though). Check the car out. Run it through Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) and get a price. Test drive it. If it runs good and is reasonable priced, go for it.

Back