Future Career + What GCSEs To Choose?

Zoey1

May 13, 2008
I have to choose my GCSE subjects next month. And I have no idea what I want to be when I'm older. So I'll have to choose my subjects carefully.
I HAVE to do these: english, science, math, religious education, citizenship.
I can choose four more additional ones.
I'd like a career with kids, with a good income. I'm fairly clever, I'm in top for every subject except for pe and english but I'm getting levels higher than everybody else so I expect to be moved up (in english).
I'd prefer to either work with younger kids (nursery school) or with kids in year 6 (ages 10+11). But I don't really want to be a teacher. So, what other jobs could I get with kids + what gcses would I need?
If you'd like suggest any other careers that would be more than helpfull.

Don't worry about GCSE subjects too much. Do subjects you will enjoy and have fun in. Also the ones which you can get good grades in. If I had the chance to go back I would have done: Drama and D.T Resistant Material. Plus ICT and Geography.

Just Pick the ones you like and can do well in.
If you plan to do A-level in the future or other courses they are more important that GCSE.

There is this thing called CATCHE (not sure the exact name) which means you'll be one of those helpers in school.
Look it up: http://www.connexions-direct.com/jobs4u/index.cfm?pid=18

By the sounds of it , the best choice is probably the broadest you can- take a wide variety of subjects to give you grounding in all ( or as much as possible) areas, so you can pretty much do any job that might interest you. There is no need to be specific about your choices as early as GCSE, that only really comes in with A levels.

By the sounds of it , the best choice is probably the broadest you can- take a wide variety of subjects to give you grounding in all ( or as much as possible) areas, so you can pretty much do any job that might interest you. There is no need to be specific about your choices as early as GCSE, that only really comes in with A levels.

Back