Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

best hunting dog for big game hunter boar etc. etc.?

Well I read a lot about the molloser breed and have found multiple sites saying this breed is unsurpassed as the hands down best hunter ever blah blah blah...so this may be true butttt since there is a couple kinds of these breeds which this is stated i wanted to know from someone who may know or think they know which it actually is...I've seen and watched videos of...Argentine Mastiff, Alano Espanol, Cane Corso,. there's obv. many more but these are the ones I've heard are extremely good i know about the American bulldog but what Ive read it isn't close to these other breeds. I'm going to say the Argentine mastiff because it is my favorite dog breed, but that's opinionated, which is why I'm here ha...and i mean the TRUE breed, not a pure bread dog that was based on looks i mean the TRUE pure bread dog that his single purpose is the hunt not the shows and second use is hunt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what is your question? Sounds to me like you just answered what you wanted to know.

I don't hunt but know plenty of people with dogos who do(and they are my 2nd fave breed). They are very good big game hunters. The best? Well that would probably depend on a few different variables but I think it comes down to what exactly you are hunting, where and which dogs you prefer.

Junior Member CCtHappyHolidayst's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    English Pointer's are used for duck hunting, and hunting in general. Or a Walker Hound.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you actually do this kind of hunting, talk to people you know who also do this type of hunting and who have dogs and see what breeds they prefer to use and what lines are best as working dogs. It's a specialized use you are talking about and you can pretty much count on the fact that very few people on Y Answers need a dog for that purpose.

If you don't have that type of purpose and you have never owned one of these breeds, you need to know that they are not for novice dog owners. Several of these breeds are also subject to breed bans and can create insurance issues for you or your landlord.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The catahoula is supposed to be an excellent hunting dog. Have some friends that have used them for razorback hog hunting and deer and other game as well.
    We have a catahoula pup who shows great instincts, but MY baby isn't going to be hunting dangerous animals!

Downloads
    Uploads
    100% WRONG!!!
    Too big TOO SLOW NO DRIVE...utterly WORTHLESS!!!

Wrong wrong & SILLY!!!

Plotts,Airedales,Walkers, Curs ,g-hounds "lurchers" "staghounds".. ... jagds....Catahoulas...the list goes on.

Does NOT include bully-crosses....lmao...duh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have breed Italian Mastiffs (cane corsos) and have known friends and breeders to boar hunt with the puppies from me..but I also have a friend that breeds black mouth curs and does boar hunting with his and thats all he does with his and they seem to do really well and love it.......