Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ever use and have luck with "Guaranteed to pass " auto emissions stuff?

My friend in the states e mailed me this and I did not know.
    He has yet to go and get any test so I don't know how bad it may or may not be.
    I do know to make sure engine is warm and to do a fresh oil change.
    He did plugs and wires about 1 month ago so those are new.
    It's a 4 cylinder Nissan P/U with 94,000 miles running fine.

Any tips to make sure it passes for tags ?

I heard from 1 friend who used it twice after failing for 2 years and it passed after he did it.
    Your opinions/experience ?
    Kissthep - did it NOT pass before you tried it ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard of it working but first I'd try passing the test without it bec that's the best way to make sure all is okay.
    Basically what I advice before any emissions test to occur is to follow these basic steps.
    No1 always perform a oil change
    No2 make sure that there is either a full proper check or a basic tune up of the spark plugs , sparkplug wires and air filter are performed
    No 3 make sure if fuel filter hasn't been changed in awhile or on average once a yr have it changed asap
    No4 be sure that the gas tank is atleast half full when the emissions test is performed
    No5 make sure that the gas gap is tight
    No6 pre-book emissions tests so you can have atleast 20 to 30 minutes of hwy driving directly before the test is done
    No7 have a reliable mechanic or exhaust shop that you trust perform a free exhaust check
    No8 be sure if that if there is anything found wrong with the exhaust that the mechanic show you the problem and explains the problem and cause fully to you
    No9 pay attention to your vehicle and listen to the normal sounds it makes and always pay attention to the exhaust's odours or smells and colours
    No10 make sure if you don't yet fully trust or know the shop that you get a second and even third opion before spending any money on repairs or parts

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way I think if you change the oil and oil filter and add some Lucas oil treatment to it you may find that helps alot.
    If you can someone to check and clean , regap or replace the spark-plugs and wires , plus clean the ignition coil connections with a small wire brush that may help a great deal too.
    What I do personally is clean or change those things I've mentioned and then I see if the engine runs better and exhaust looks or smells better and I highly believe in Lucas oil treatments or additives so I use 25% or 1 lite of Lucas when I change my oil.
    One last note if they say that the catalyitic converter is shot , shop around bec some shops will replace it alot cheaper for you and keep in mind if cat converter is indeed shot that the o2 sensor should be replaced too bec it caused the cat converter more then likely to fail.
    Happy Holidays

Downloads
    Uploads
    Run your tank dry, then fill up with GOOD gasoline, not the cheap stuff. You shouldn't have a problem with smog problems if you've taken proper care of the vehicle. You can also use E-10 or E-15 gasoline to pass the smog checks. It's cheaper and you don't have to do anything special with it. Have you had other problems with the car? If not, try passing without the garbage in the tank. If the car uses oil excessively it won't pass no matter what you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, i've used that stuff. Just follow the instructions. Put some in your tank and fill it up, and drive it for at least 30 minutes before the test. I used that stuff when I was in a smog check state, and it worked great.