Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the problem with the "gay gene" theory... if there is a gene for homosexuality, then there is probably also a gene for pedophilia or necrophilia. Gays talk as if they can't help it... oh really? So does that mean all gay people are attracted to all members of the same sex? They can't help themselves but try to hump someone of the same gender who gets too close to them? Don't they have any choice over their self-control? Of course they do.

Also, nobody is 100% gay or 100% straight. The notion that sexuality is predetermined makes no sense, and leaves no room for people who are bisexual, or people who have had homosexual relations but now are happy in heterosexual relationships. Homosexual behavior is a high level activity - there may be genes which predispose people towards being masculine or feminine and depending upon environmental considerations they may be attracted to one sex or the other, but that's a lot different from saying, "I was born gay." There is no conclusive evidence - we are nowhere near so advanced in the field of genetics where we can map DNA sequences to very high level behavior.

It's important to also recognize that just because someone might believe there is no "gay gene" does not mean they are homophobic. Just like if you don't think "alcoholism is a disease" it doesn't mean you hate alcoholics. It means you have an issue with the deployment of pseudo-science into areas where it isn't proven or appropriate.

There is no "gay gene." With that being said, I am all for gay rights and I support gay people wanting to get married, have civil unions and *especially* being able to adopt and raise children. I just think they do a disservice to humanity to play the "gene card" and suggest they're different and special and can't help it. You can choose who you want to have sex with. That is a choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sure is; it's EXACTLY the same as left or right handedness?
    Everyone can remember when they chose which hand to do stuff with ...
    Can't they?
    ~

Downloads
    Uploads
    People choose to be gay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was born female. I am happy with being female, but it wasn't my choice. That is how God made me.

Regarding sexual desire? That is where the choice is. Whether we act on our sexual desire. Sometimes desire overcomes us. It really depends on if we obey God in it or not. We have a choice to obey or disobey God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll just say this, if you think sexuality is a choice, were you asexual at birth? No, you were born with it.
    When did you "choose" to become straight?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read the first sentence. You have no desire because you are HETERO, you were BORN that way.

I think that naturally gender preferance is a way to regulate a deadly increase in population like 1 out of 10 people is gay.

Also it is a mixture of genes, environment, and how you are raised.

Downloads
    Uploads
    to some degree it is a choice but then it's not something you can just keep changing ether.
    Beer Lover!:have is there a straight gene.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They haven't found a "gay gene" yet...you keep hoping though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have choices with everything you do. You can choose what you eat, where you work or who you sleep with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you people really that thick that you cant tell that It's a genetic issue not a choice but for the 10% who are just sick pricks. Give me your proof that it's a choice and people might listen.I am also heterosexual. to the bloke called slice you are full of shit pal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12