Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sexuality is a choice?

I am heterosexual and never had any other desire. It seems to me, if someone says sexuality is a choice, they must be struggling with the choice. So, those who say this, how often do you have your homosexual desires? (Those making this claim are generally religious, so I ask here)

Why are people attacking me? I support gay rights. My point is that the religious who say it's a choice must struggle with the choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Making claims about something one knows nothing about is presumptuous and disingenuous.

Translation: They're opinion isn't worth anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They'll never admit it. Most Christians are closet homosexuals that, due to their own Christian upbringing, are so terrified and repulsed by themselves they pretend they're heterosexual and that there is something wrong with homosexuality and bisexuality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roflmao!

Now you know they won't answer that! Honestly it's not just the religious. Everyone at some point in their lives whether they admit it or not has had those stray thoughts and yes some even have those desires. Do you honestly think that they would publicly admit it? Me? I am not concerned what people think about me. If I am unwilling to answer a question I just don't.

I don't really believe that homosexuality is a choice for all gay people and for some it may even be a spirit that is on them and yes even other it is a choice.

Look we don't choose to sin. It happens to us all. If you are breathing you are most likely sinning. Man has a sin nature and the stufff that is going on today does not make it any easier on us. Homosexual lust is a sin and so is heterosexual lust. Come on I know that the way some girls and women dress in church makes us all sin. Men check out women and women check out men right in church! We all need to be forgiven for our sins.

I have no hatred in me for Gay people and I feel that they have a right to go to church and to be saved just like the rest of us sinners and those who don't need to read Matthew chapter 23 and revisit Jesus' own words;"Judge not least you are Judged".

I know that is probably not the answer you were looking for but it is the truth as far as I know it to be. I hope that in your journey you find peace and more I pray that you find your salvation if you haven't already.

Be blessed and stay that way!
    Shalom,

Eli

Downloads
    Uploads
    No it isn't. The only people who say that it is a choice are the ones who are fighting it within themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like you, I am also a heterosexual and I've never had the slightest desire to be intimate with another man. Nevertheless, I have had many gay friends and I consider them very fine, humane, and considerate people. I would certainly much rather hang out as the only straight in a gay bar, than as the only atheist in a typical group of Christians.

Personally, I think that sexuality is imprinted and that our first sexual experiences have a lot to do with how our instinctive behaviors manifest themselves. I do not think sexuality is a choice, in the sense that one can easily change their preferences. I am a lot more offended by Christian intolerance of homosexuality than by the thought that Bruce might like my tush.

Years ago I attended a Gay-Pride day in San Francisco. There was a kissing booth and I contributed five dollars because I was going to be kissed by Carol Doda. They put a blindfold on me and "Carol" did a number on me. The thing is, when I took the blindfold off, it wasn't Carol Doda, the famous stripper. It was a very good looking gay man who kissed me. The whole crowd was in on it, and I was a good sport. The thing is, with the blindfold on, I absolutely could not tell the difference. I'm convinced that a big part of our sexuality is our own expectations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    People are not born homosexual contrary to some beliefs, This is an evil desire that Satan promotes. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards nor slanderers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Junior Member KevinSlbantheSFECU's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If there were no homosexuals, no one would ever suggest sexuality was a choice.

People see homosexuals gravitating as naturally as can be to the same sex and assume they decided to be different. Nothing could be further from the truth. People don't choose their sexual attractions.

Junior Member KevinSlbantheSFECU's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If there were no homosexuals, no one would ever suggest sexuality was a choice.

People see homosexuals gravitating as naturally as can be to the same sex and assume they decided to be different. Nothing could be further from the truth. People don't choose their sexual attractions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never chose to be heterosexual. So why would I think homosexuals choose their sexuality?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast