Is it okay to say " I respect the people from this religion more than I respect...

Dec 27, 2008
Is it okay to say " I respect the people from this religion more than I respect...

...the people from that religion"? If I said, " I respect Hinduism more than I respect Buddhism", which reply would be more appropriate from a Hindu:

a) Thanks!
or
b) I think people should be repsected for who they are, not for what religion they follow.

What do you think?

I think it's highly inappropriate to judge people for what religion they follow. Sure there are fundamentalist Muslims, but I still respect Muslims and Islam. Sure there are fundie Christians that wish to convert me, yet I still respect Christians and Christianity.

No religion is perfect, and people should be judged individually, not through generalisation. I respect Jews, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheists, etc etc. Because we have something good to learn from in each tradtion.
Chick-a-deester : Thanks! :) Okay, I guess you make a good point in your answer.
Mama Pajama: You may have guessed that my question was indirectly referring to that post " Are there more atheists like me who respect Judaism more than they do Christianity?"
:)

Back