Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best & Worst Kitchen Gadget You Ever Owned?

I have a friend who's kitchen looks like a real life museum for kitchen gadget infomercials but she still isn't a great cook. Is it just her or are most of these things you see on TV just a gimmick ?

Any you can't live without ?

Any you wished you had your money back ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    the blender is the best, we use it for everything

worse a toaster (never gets use as no one likes toast)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could not live without my kitchen aid
    and i have a mini food processer i wont throw out because i am too embarrased a garbage man might find it and try to use it

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a George Foreman grill, and it is great. Being an apartment dweller, it's easier than dealing with a grill pan or with a real grill.

I don't think I have ever gotten an As Seen On TV item that was a dud. The worst dud I know of is the Quesadilla Maker, which makes quesadillas in 30 minutes. It could be longer, I don't remember. Where I come from, you can make a quesadilla from start to finish in 5 minutes.

Most As Seen On TV kitchen gadgets probably work. It's a good sign if they are sold in stores, and if you know someone that owns it. What's gimmicky about it is that they try to convince you that you are getting this awesome deal. "You could pay over $200 for all of this, but we are giving it away for only 4 easy payments of $39.99. But wait! For this special offer, we are taking away one of those payments! But wait! We'll also give you this recipe pamphlet, a $45 value, yours free! (Pay separate shipping and handling)"

That reminds me, that another gimmick is the shipping and handling. You often have to pay it for every item that comes in the offer.

At any rate, kitchen gadgets can make some tasks easier, but you still have to be a good cook. And, you can get a lot of these things at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and pay no shipping.