can i get my vacation time even though i dont work anymore?

vic42192

Dec 26, 2008
hi i started working this year and worked only 2 moths (january and february) and then went to unemployment because there was no work. i had 40 hours of vacation time when i started working this year and didnt use it. can i get that vacation time now even though i dont work?

I don't why they would give you 40 hrs of vacation upfront like that? Also, you still would been in probation period. If you were entitled to it, you would of gotten it. But isn't a little late trying to get it now?

No
Vacation time is for employees, not ex-employees.
And why are you just asking this 10 months after the fact?

Depends on the company. I doubt you had accumulated 40 hours of vacation time in 2 months, that was how many hours you could accumulate over a year of work. Many companies have policies of use it or lose it, but again, you probably only had accumulated 2 days of vacation time.

You may have lost it because you only worked 2 months of this year. Did the company have a carry over policy for vacations or did you have to take it with in a certain time frame? Call the Human Resources dept and see what the policy is.

You may have lost it because you only worked 2 months of this year. Did the company have a carry over policy for vacations or did you have to take it with in a certain time frame? Call the Human Resources dept and see what the policy is.

Back