Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mormon religion. Is it possible this denomination is changing?

I have talked with many from this religion and most do not know it's origin and roots or its' beliefs IE baptizing the dead, When they die they become gods of their own planet,that god is Adam who was god of earth,that one can be married in heaven. I have references from mormon sources for all of theses statement yet I have spoken with LDS's who claim these are not true. So either they don't know or the religion is changing?

All who believe in christ may reply please. I'm confused.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have not changed we still believe what Joseph Smith started teaching in 1830, the reason your LDS friends have not heard of the beliefs you outlined is because they aren't things that we have ever believed but If you'd like to know the origin of some of them:

The bible teaches that we are children of God and that we can be joint heirs of Christ. The bible also teaches that Christ inherited all things that his father hath. From biblical teachings we can therefore say that. Jesus is like his Father, and that we can become like Jesus. Now if I were an Antimormon who wanted to scare people I would reword this and say "Oh my Gosh, those cultist's believe that they will become gods of their own planets" which would be a silly and inappropriate way to express a Christian ideal.

The idea that Adam is God comes from phrase in a sermon that was taken out of context for antimormon purposes, you probably have the reference so I won't bother finding it for you. If you were to read the sermon you would find that what was taught was that: just as we respect our fathers and turn to them for spiritual guidance we turn to our grandfathers and so we will also turn to our father Adam. We do not worship Adam that would be sacrilegious especially since Joseph Smith taught us that Adam worshiped the Father in the name of Christ like every other prophet who has ever lived.

Our religion has not changed but like the things that Christ taught while on the earth they have be occasionally misinterpreted by wicked men for wicked purposes. I frankly would be concerned about any Christian church that didn't have mud thrown at it on occasion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It has already changed in a number of respects, and will probably continue to do so. But none of that affects its fundamental silliness.