wanna say sorry coz i was right? My dad is visiting and he interferes in all the house work. I'll be cooking and he'll sneak up behind me and give me advice on how to cook when i know how to and i don't need any advice. then he starts interfering in how i deal with the maid. Main reason is that he has nothing else to do and although i've asked him a dozen times to go out and meet people, he insists on sitting at home all day all night doing nothing at all. This morning i lost my patience and i said to him very politely that dad pleaseeee don't tell me how to cook and don't tell me how to deal with the maid. i don't like it when you interfere in house work that i've been doing perfectly well for years now. if you want to help, you can help with outside work that involves driving and going to the market etc. i said it very nicely but he got very quiet after my speech. before getting married, i never used to let anyone interfere in my life. my dad was perfectly fine with it back then. now i've been married for 4 yrs and never got any help running the house. my mom and dad left for usa 3 years ago and i've been completely alone and independent since. i like being independent and my dad knows it but all of a sudden (because he is a house guest), he expects me to become someone i'm not. he expects me to let him interfere. and when i don't let him, he starts emotionally manipulating by getting all quiet and stuff. he wants to get his way all the time. to make things worse, my husband is not nice to him and not comfortable with his long visit so i have to compensate by being extra nice and polite. how should i handle this situation?