Windows only: Just released the latest version of our text snippet application, Texter, with bug fixes and a few cool new features. The main feature additions to the newest release include the ability to insert prompts and delays in your scripts and snippets. Hit the jump for a detailed look at the new Texter features.
galleryPost('Texter 0.4', 4, '','list');Lifehacker photo gallery thumbnails require Javascript; if you're viewing this in an RSS reader, click here to see the .... photo gallery in a Javascript-enabled web browser.
In a nutshell, the prompt feature lets you insert a prompt point into a snippet or script that will pop up a text prompt asking for you to fill in the blank when the snippet is called (check out the screenshot for details). Texter's new delay feature lets people who do a lot of scripting (not regular text snippets, mind you) to insert delays in milliseconds (again, see screenshot for more). I've also added an entry in Texter's right-click system tray menu for disabling Texter. Finally, since I use Texter on my Windows computer and my Mac over Synergy, I've added an experimental "Synergy mode" that should let Texter work on other computers over Synergy (if you can test this on your own Synergy setups, I'd be curious to hear how it's working).
Minor updates include an option for turning off the Texter replacement sound, a few bug fixes, and I've made hotstrings case sensitive. You still won't be able to make multiple versions of a snippet based on different capitalizations, but this should help eliminate some accidental replacements.
As always, head to the Texter homepage to download the latest, and if you've got any questions, comments, feature requests, or bug reports, let's hear them in the comments.
Texter [Lifehacker Code]
</img>

More...