Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

mid 80's drama movie question, whats the name?

Who remembers back in the day when the prime time channels would all put on a movie on sunday night? I remember seeing one that centered around a rundown highschool. I believe the highschool had alot of problems in it, and I remember one of the main characters was shown living out of his car close to the campus, possibly in the school parkinglot. His car was scarey looking. Someone help me out on the name of this movie? thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    This might not be it, but it was a popular film at the time:
    Teachers (1984)
    IMDb review:
    The film starts out where it is a typical Monday morning at JFK High School where crazy things happen. The school psychologist loses it when a teacher nicknamed "Ditto" (Royal Dano) is hogging the mimeograph machine and she squirts him with ink. Former student Lisa Hammond (JoBeth Williams), who now is a lawyer, is representing a young man named John Calvin, who is suing the school cause of the lack of education he received. Alex Jurel (Nick Nolte), is called in on that Monday morning to teach Social Studies though he doesn't usually show up Mondays, being burnt-out from fighting a system that has not changed. When Lisa encounters him, she sees he has given up but helps reawaken his ideals. As a result, Alex helps Eddie Pilikian (Ralph Macchio), a troubled kid who stole a Driver's Ed car with his friend, Danny (Crispin Glover), who has problems with bullies.
    Also in the cast are starring William Schallert, Laura Dern, Morgan Freeman, Madeleine Sherwood and Steven Hill.

Here's a clip on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVVyamq10BY

Unregistered

answer

Dangerously Close