Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Limewire - Sharing files?

When Limewire says I am sharing 2000 files, does that mean that I am sharing with MY other files on MY computer, or random people? Because I understand that it is the latter, I could get caught? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that means that any of the files that are in your "Shared" Folders, can be downloaded. Usually the shared folders are your "music folder", "the "Shared' folder", "Limewire Downloads". Those 3 are the defaults that i know of that files can be downloaded from by other people.
    Don't use Limewire, or any Peer2Peer. You get caught they will cut off your internet connection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you dangerously are sharing your 2000 files, thats in your computer, with total strangers. You need to change your shared folder or sharing options ASAP.
    A BIG warning: Limewire is notorious for having many, many BAD files. Thats viruses, spywares, trojans and other garbage files.
    Let the user be aware.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Other user names on the computer. Technically, you can't really get caught that easily... they would probably have to be given a reason to monitor your downloading, so unless you've done something wrong on the computer that they already know about, it's very very rare. And even if they do, there is a lot of times where they won't bother to do anything about it because there is such a mass amount of people doing it. But yeah, it's with other users or files on your computer, not others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes your sharing those files with whomever searches for a title you have. And yes homie you can be caught. But for the most part they have found it to be a waste of time trying to sue little grandma's and kids, just everyday yahoo's who don't have anything for them to collect. But the threat is still there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah if you had a .01% chance of getting cought before by not sharing your files that chance goes down to .0000000001% so do this...go into The "Libary" Tab (on top of the screen) and the CLICK on the "Shared Files" Folder....This will give you the list of the files. HIGHLIGHT all of them and RIGHT-CLICK "Stop Sharing File" and there you have it. Virtually imposible to get cought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    limewire is full of viruses. my computer got all messed up from it. i consider not using it. i had to replace my computer because of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    limewire is full of viruses. my computer got all messed up from it. i consider not using it. i had to replace my computer because of it.