Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

what really is bipolar disorder and could i have it?

i'm fifteen, and confused.

right now, i'm feeling extremely irritable. i feel like cussing, but i can't because it will get turned into little asterisks. that makes me even more angry and sad at the same time. it's just stupid little stars; why am i like this?!

sometimes i'm real depressed. i cut myself, and wish for death constantly. i'll be upset all the time around my boyfriend, "q", (i don't know how he puts up with me) and that makes him angry and he gives me lectures on how i need to be optimistic more. he just doesn't understand! but i can't tell him anything, because he always has a backup and i realize he's right, and i try to be optimistic for him. later after he would give me lectures, i would cut myself.

when i'm hyper, nobody can slow me down. i think that's called "manic", right? well, "q" always tells me to calm down, which i can't, of course.

i just want to be normal, and i don't want my boyfriend to suffer anymore.

he always says that i'm happy when he's upset, and i'm upset when he's happy. it makes me angry when he says that, so i get really irritable, and i cut myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I think you may have it. The best thing I can tell you is eat a moderatley good healthy protein diet. Get a gym membersship and study weightlifting and fitness. Ok now think about going to your local doctor and explaining all this to him or her. They may put you on some medication. See how this works for you. Diet and what we put in our bodies does affect us and others around us. That why we all should be living healthier active lives. You have to be motivated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bipolar disease is a condition in which you go from one extreme emotion to the next extreme emotion on the opposite side of the spectrum. Translated, it means you go from being sad and mad to happy and hyper with no cause and no warning, within seconds. You are usually born with it. There are medications that can cool it down a bit, but once you have it, you have it forever. You could just be a normal 15 year old. You'd have to be formally examined by a doctor, but i'm not so sure that you aren't just a normal 15 year old with your hormones going outta whack. It sounds like you and your boyfriend are having issues and that you could be depressed. That's what it sounds like to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honey, you aren't bipolar as far as I can tell. Are you going to a professional and get a diagnosis?
    Do it!

Bipolar is when the left side of the brain is not separated from the right side of the brain - so you have a "cross-over". "Bi - that's what it means.