Christians! I assume you know that Christian originated from a pagan holiday?

MarMartheCandyBar

Dec 16, 2008
I'm so sick to death of this idiotic subject, but I have two more questions. I have heard a lot of Christians say that it doesn't matter where the tradition originated because it has BECOME about celebrating the birth of Jesus. Do you agree?

If so, and you believe that Christmas is NOW a Christian holiday after "all this time" what do you think of the fact that 1,000 years is as but a day to the Lord, and it's taken you a total of two days to celebrate a pagan religion and slap Jesus name on it?
Good lord, what's wrong with me? Of course I meant to say that CHRISTMAS originated.

NO, Not from ONE pagan holiday but from many cultures that adapted practices to their new beliefs. Mistletoe is Celtic, Christmas trees Germanic.

You mean, I assume you know that ChristMAS originated from a pagan holiday?

Anyway, I know, but I like to celebrate Christ's birth. I celebrate alot more than just once a year though.

More people celebrate Christmas than ever celebrated Saturnalia. I'm pagan, I have my holidays..some are overlayed on Wiccan holidays...it makes them no less mine. I don't understand why Christians can't celebrate the birth of their God on any day they wish. This is really such a non-issue.

No, I don't agree. It shouldn't be anything about Christ because it never was. Christ speaks against the traditions of Man.

Jesus is happy that using His name for a holiday pisses so many people off even if it originally was a pagan holiday.

Back