Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

98 VW Passat won't move in forward or reverse. Last night my car made a weird...

...clunk then suddenly it felt like? After the clunk it felt like I had a flat tire, and I temporarily lost control of the steering. I got out of my car and noticed that the front driver wheel well was much closer to the tire than before. I drove the thing home about 9 miles and there was some obvious rubbing/grinding going on. My car was pulling right hard and when I broke it would pull left hard. I parked it and figured I would take it in this morning, when I awoke I put it in reverse (driveway) when all of a sudden it quit moving. Wont go forward or reverse. I am no mechanic, but I am guessing the tranny is fine since it drove home last night. Is there any way something broke which is causing it to not move the front tires when I try to accelerate? I am also skeptical about a clutch issue because it is fairly new. I am thinking it has to be directly related to the wheel well sinking issue. It would be pretty random to have something go wrong then 9 miles later my clutch goes...but I have no clue. It is a 98 vw passat 1.8t . Any ideas?? Thanks for any help. Happy Holidays.

Manual Transmission

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think may have you broke a CV Joint and the axle just fell right out. That explains the wheel. You are lucky it did not fall off. You may have lost all your transmission fluid. I would loosem that death trap and buy a 08 Dodge Challenger.