I've been taking Xanax for anxiety (1 mg at bedtime or after not being able to get to sleep) for about 4 years, and 25 mg Elavil every morning since 2004 for chronic pain. Then I returned to the local mental health center. Cymbalta was added in the morning. Over the last couple years the doctor has "experimented" with othe meds to compliment the Xanax at night. First was Seroquel, then 50 more mg of Elavil at bedtime, then Trazadone, now nothing. As my supply of Cymbalta, Xanax, and Elavil were running out the message from the doctor thru the case worker over the phone to me was STOP the Elavil in the morning it is affecting your sleep at night. This is upsetting to me since another doctor prescribed the 25 mg Elavil in the morning to stop a daily stomach ache that lasted 3 years. I was near the end of the rope due to the pain and I had no pain medication. Why did this current doctor give me an extra 50 mg at bedtime if she now wants to stop the 25 mg in the morning with her reason being it is hurting my sleep? Quite contradictory. 50 elavil at bedtime is fine, but 25 in the a.m. is not fine. Either is hinders sleep or helps it, she can not have it both ways. I'm suspcious they are giving up on my case and want to make room for others, by trying to stop the Elavil and failing to provide samples of Cymbalta to last me until my next visit. I'm now out of Cymbalta and have to wait about 10 days to see the nurse and explain my position. What gives here?