Why is my menstrual cycle really heavy?

tiff

Jun 3, 2008
My menstrual cycle is usually pretty normal. I start around the same time every month. I usually just cramp for the first day, or two. My periods are also usually light maybe the third, or forth day. Then, they will be a little heavy, but I'll get right off.

I do get severe cramps at times. Sometimes, there are no cramps at all. Other times, I am laying in the fetal position crying my eyes out. The pain is so severe, I throw up from it at times.

The last two periods have been that way (cramps wise) My period last month was so severe, I almost passed out. The cramps went away after a day though, and my bleeding was normal.

This time around, my cramps weren't as severe, but they have lasted for three days now. This is unusual, considering my cramps never last this long. I have taken Midol (which always helps) but it's not helping this time, and I'm not sure why? I have noticed my bleeding is also really heavy. It's never really been this heavy before, that I've noticed.

I have to change my tampon every 5 minutes, it seems. When I use the bathroom, nothing but blood comes out. It seems as if the whole toilet is filled with blood, and nothing else.

Why is my period blood so heavy this time around, and why do I still have cramps? Is this normal? Is anyone else like this?

It has me kind of worried.

Back