Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I contact my real father?PLZ HELP!?

I am 17 and am going to be 18 in 3 months. I have had a dad like figure that has taken care of me and raised me since I was 2 and my other 2 siblings which all arent biologically his their both half siblings. My little sister is 10 and the only biological kid of his. My mom and him got a divorce when i was in 8th grade. I am now a senior. I feel sort of like he loves her more and seems lately like he doesnt really love me at all and thinks of me as a failure. ( He recently pretty much kicked me out of his house while i was visiting cause was staying with aunt since have lot of family problems and got into it with them, and currently live with mom and was at his house and he kept asking when my mom was going to pick me up almost as if he didnt want me there) I just feel that he treats me different than my sisters whos his real kid and my half sister. Ive always mainly considered him my real dad and have always known hes not but year by year I feel he treats me and does things if i was his real kid he wouldnt do. I think this is due to the fact im almost 18 and not a kid and grown up and doesnt think really care for me as much since he thinks i have an attitude. I feel if i got in contact with my real dad who i have his address and number for the first time maybe i could find that person no mattter what i do always loves me and lets me have a place to stay no matter what i did to make him upset plz correct me if im wrong. I just feel like if i had a kid i would never like the guy i grew up with calling dad would kick me out in a freezing rain snow night with nowhere to go in the town cause it was school night still for friends in town, and it was like 5 degrees out with all that and went to boat dock for 2-3 hours freezing and than went back to his house just to ask to use his phone and he wouldnt even let me use it. Im just confused how anyone that calls u their son would do that to anyone i had icecicles on my coat thats how cold it was and he said he wasnt going to let me even use a phone. So i went to my grandmas which is his mom , shes never acted like im not her real grandson and she let me sleep there i got there at 3 a.m. cause was waiting in her shed and didnt want to startle her and cause heart attack by the late night noise. So to sum up Im trying to figure out since dont no real dad would anyone out there that has real dad or is one ever do anything like that regardless of what someone did. Ive been wanting sort of to contact my real dad since im curious when i hear my mom say i act like him and look like him its just frustrating and irritating not to have that close father bond. I feel like if knew real dad would explain alot of things and maybe help me through some rough times im going through. Sorry about the bad punctuation its hard to explain without just saying it verbally to someone. If want to contact more after answer [email protected]. Thanks alot for the help appreciate it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have been through a very similar situation, and my suggestion to yu would be defintley contact your bio dad. If nothing else, you can ask some of the unanswered questions that i am sure you must have (i did), and if it does not work out then at least you have tried! My dad that raised me, was not my bio dad either, i did not find this out until i was around 10, he and my mom had my younger brother together, and i too felt that he treated me "different" after they were divorced. I always knew that he was my dad no matter what though! I did meet my bio father, and his family, make a long story short he was a real weird o, no wonder my mom ran like hell from him and never allowed him to be a part of my life!! But all of the questions that i had were answered! So defintley give it a shot! What canyou loose?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'd defintly give it a try and even if he isn't what you expect at least your mind will be at rest. The guy who brought you up however may just be having a middle-life crisis or something, give it time. I hated my mum years ago but now I love her properly. I remember when I was born there were loads of confusion over who my real dad was, it was either my mum's husband (who is my real dad) or my soon to be ex-step-dad. Give it a try because your step-dad seems to be pushing you away.