Betta Fish Care (siamese fighting fish)?

faiqac

Jul 16, 2008
Can you guys give me some tips on how to care for a betta fish also how do i change its water and how often and is tap water good enough if i boil it and let it cool?

Bettas are very standard fish... you need about 1 gallon... you need to change its water once a week... and tap wwater is fine... I have kept a betta for 2 years in less than a gallon of water and by following those guidelines

good luck

You need to house it in at least a 2.5 gallon tank WITH a filter and heater. Do weekly 10-25% water changes.

DO NOT place them in tanks smaller than 2.5 gallons, as that is just mean.

Tip one: Make sure you have 2.5+ gallon tank for it. Contrary to the popular belief, they don't like small enclosed bowls or anything.

Tip two: A heater is a must, especially in the winter, unless it's water is always 80 ish degrees, which is unlikely.

Tip three: Never perform 100% water changes. This can stress the fish out and gets rid of healthy, established bacteria in the water.

Tip four: When performing water changes, do 20-30% water changes every two weeks. Tap water is fine. Don't boil it. Get water conditioner at your local pet store. It removes chlorine and chloramine from tap water.

Tip five: A filter is a plus.

http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=396

that should tell you every thing you need to know :)

please read it all for your bettas sake

Best wishes and Happy fish

-Fish Freak

Back