ok, well my daughter is 13 and her boyfriend is 15, i don't have a problem with that as they are both responsible and i know they can be trusted, anyway this evening while they were chatting on msn she started getting irritable so when i asked what was wrong she said nothing, but then after she finished talking to him she said read this and showed me the conversation, in it he says things are getting too hard for him and he wants to end his life, and he said he thinks he might be gay, as he thinks a footballer is a hottie and is really upset because this footballer is out injured and he misses him, and then he says he is confused about his sexuality, she then told him he was being stupid and she loves him and he said he loves her too.....
i've tried telling her that many people go through a similar phase but she is distraught, what would you suggest i do? do you think he is maybe bi-sexual? or is it just a phase?
thank you for any advice

and just to make it clear i have nothing against gay people or bi-sexual people in any way waht so ever, he is a lovely lad regardless of his sexuality

sorry maybe i didnt make it clear about the footballer guy, he is a famous footballer i forget his name now i think he played in the liverpool match at the weekend.. he mentioned he wanted to get home for the football on saturday afternoon... he doesnt walk gay or talk gay or act gay, he is just a normal looking guy very sweet polite and well spoken, and he does hold my daughters hand a lot and he kisses her and isnt shy to kiss her... but in the messages bit he says he really does think this footballer is hot... and he has had thoughts about doing things with him and didnt want to upset my daughter. i wont be telling him i have read the messages because that would make him feel violated it was private between them and i only read it because of my daughters concern for him. i would never read private conversations unless invited to do so.
the emo comment, he dresses like a goth and says he is a goth, i dont know the difference between emo and goth are they the same? i do not know