would you plan your vacation around your period?

~Kim~

Jun 23, 2008
my boyfriend set the date to go to cancun in may, but its the week i start my period.. i asked if we could change it a few days and he said he is not planning our vacation around my period.. but its my first vacation and i dont want it ruined

if he doesn't want to plan around it that is his loss. what a dumb ass. i definately coordinate vacations and special nights around my girls cycle. my girl just took her next month birth control pills and it prevented her from having her period when we went on vacation once.

I had a similar situation when we went on our honeymoon (to Cancun which is AMAZING). Anyway, I'm on the pill and I was bummed when I figured out the week we we're going to be on our honeymoon was the same week I would have my period according to my pills. Luckily I noticed that a couple months ahead and I was able to change my pill schedule so when our honeymoon came around I wouldn't be on my period. If you aren't on the pill you can't really change it though. Unless you have CRAZY cycles you should be fine. Take lots of tampons and whatever medicine you might need for cramps. I wouldn't let it ruin your vacation though...it's too expensive to make changes so just go with the flow. Have fun!

well you can always go to your local herb store and get some parsley tea a week before your suppose to start that will get you to start early and then you can still go and enjoy...

It all depends on how long the vacation is. If it's a week, then I'd live through the first couple of rough days. It also depends on how awful your periods can be. Because you can still have a good time wearing a bathing suit and a tampon. I wonder...if you're not already on birth control, what if you could go onto it for a short term? I don't even know if that's possible.

It won't be ruined because of you period. Bring a tampon and some midol. If you get bad cramps and that is why you don't want to go then tell him too bad he will plan it around your period unless he wants to sit in the hotel with you while you are whining tell him to take his pick.

that's too bad because vacations should be about having the time of our lives,the beach,site seeing, the romance, and( the great vacation sex) and growing stronger as a couple
if this was something important to you...he should see this.

this sounds like something that could be compromised unless he already booked the trip with no refunds

hmmm i can see both points

yours: a guy never ever will know the burden of ur period my bf use to say come on just suck it up and come out with us. until he seen me faint in the mall and looked down i had bleed down to my inner thighs almost to my knees through my jean pants. after that he never ever pisses me off or tells me to suck it up.

i mean its a hassle to be on ur rag. The bloating feeling and always having to wonder did i bleed through ? did i bring enough tampons and pads,
my back will hurt ur gonna get tired faster

then theres the whole SEX part no girl want to tell a guy in the moment oh wait i gotta go FRESHEN up take the plug out, and then get back to business

oh man im on my rag rt now so i am so relating to you.

my bf got disneyland tickets for us and he said lets wait until after ur off ur rag so ur more comftorable and not in so much pain .

now for his point : its already been booked, they probably dont have the availabilty to change and he just didnt put it that way. ur period shoulnt ruin ur whole vacation, and dont let it he prop thinks like what the heck i plan a vacation and she is complaining about thedates. and periods are some times not always on time especially when ur excited about something ( 1st vaca) or stressed

but if you r on bc you can try to stall it ive done that b4/ but my bf and i werent worried about getting pregnant so i jsut missed the 2 weeks b4 my period and it made my period almost 2 months late but still no baby. !

dont let a period ruin everything u will be kicking ur self later.

have tons of fun and take tons of pictures!!!

my bf and i went to laughlin 2 and took 0 pictures im still pissed to this day !!!! it was our first vaca together and my first with a guy.

have fun cancun is to SICK !!!

drink plenty of water if u plan to drink a lot ! remember for every 3 alcohol drinks , a bottle of water for sure !!!!

Personally I wouldn't but I think it varies for everyone. I don't get cramps and I don't have a heavy flow. Also my husband does not mind having sex while I'm on it since my flow is so light there is next to no blood. So if we were on vacation together we could still enjoy each other too. Also I wear tampons and don't even feel them so my period comes and goes and is very clean the whole time.

If I got cramps I would probably want to plan my vacations around my period because I wouldn't want to risk having a terrible time and not enjoy myself. Depending on where the vacation is I may plan around my period if I wore pads because they are so messy and in a bathing suit they don't look too good. You also cannot swim with them on like you can with a tampon.

It's up to you and how you handle periods if you want to plan around or just don't care.

If you are on birth control just start the new month of pills or what not, rather than the week or few days off. I was scheduled to have my period during my wedding day and this is what my OBGYN told me to do. If you have any concerns call your doctor.

You may want to get some lovin going on and if Aunt flow is in the house..it ain't happening..thats fine let him schedule it. You warned him. He'd just better not complain when he can't get nothing and your period may come earlier or later by then ,so you never know.

Back