How to Install Java applications on Samsung F700?

L

Lianheng T

None of my java games and applications on my SE P990i can be installed on the new samsung F700. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the games them selfs as the F700 DOES support java MIDP 2.0. The real problem is that the newer samsung phones all have a lock that prohibits java installations. The java installation can be activated by entering a code (such as *#9998*52824678255#). However this code no longer works for F700. Any one have any ideas ? Thanks!

yea dats quit crap my f700 cant get anything unless u download it with da phone itself
it says unsoported file types but it does sopport dem
all my samsungs wer like dat so da pc studio isnt really good for anyting

how to instaal java games and applications in samsung d900 phones

ive been having the same problem with my samsung f700 i think the only way you can actually download stuff is to get the phone unlocked

you have to update your f700's firmware i did it and i can get java on my f700 or you can download bitpim with your desktop
if you have bitpim
enter this code *#3695147*#
then go to internals it will need a master key which is *#3971258*#
then go to storage settings and click update java db

Are you sure thats the correct code(s), in the internals setting?
my phone(F700) keeps on saying incorect code!

you have to update your f700's firmware i did it and i can get java on my f700 or you can download bitpim with your desktop
if you have bitpim
enter this code *#3695147*#
then go to internals it will need a master key which is *#3971258*#
then go to storage settings and click update java db

I can get to this menu with the new firmware but what does "update java db" do?

Does it install jar and jad files from a specific location on the phone? and if so where and how do I get to that location?

Also I downloaded Bitpim but it wont connect to my phone via the usb cable. Which mode should I be in for it to recognise my phone? (download, media player, pc studio or mass storage)

I also get to the part that updated the db, tried to access .jad or .jar files after that, still no go.
What are we missing.

Where can I download the Firmware and how to install it on my phone.
Does the firmware needs to be copied to a specific folder.

Regards,
Rain man

same problem

ive updated the java db, tried once after putting all .jar into games folder, didnt work, tried updating again with both .jar and jad, still no luck, id really like to have games and apps on the phone

Upgrading Firmware

I can get to this menu with the new firmware but what does "update java db" do?

Does it install jar and jad files from a specific location on the phone? and if so where and how do I get to that location?

Also I downloaded Bitpim but it wont connect to my phone via the usb cable. Which mode should I be in for it to recognise my phone? (download, media player, pc studio or mass storage)

Greeting All,

i'm experiencing same case with you, may i know what i have to do to check then upgrade my f700's firmware ? because in my country samsung service center can't do that, since this series isn't released here.

can you tell me please What is the worst risk of upgrading firmware and how to reset it back

Thank you in advance
Leo ([email protected])

how we can installed software in samsung star gt-5233a

same

i have probably the same problem with my samsung armani p520 i can not add nothing on my phone it says unsuported i want to have facebook application but can not help

hehhe bravo ede un e kam telin sgh f700 besim dauti nga fshati brodec

Google Maps on F700v

Hi there.

I have been given a samsung F700v mobile phone recently. The Google maps facility appeals to me but everytime I try to load it, nothing happens. All I get is a blank screen whilst the terms and conditions are 'loading'. I have checked online and been told from my friend (who gave me this phone) that Google Maps is compatible but I just cannot get it to work, any ideas why??

I really want this to work, I hope I don't have to get another phone just for Maps...

Thank you.

Dude,,,the codes worked ,,,,but how can i use bitpim to send the jar files to my f700

wats ds nothing supports on ds phone...iz it possible to install anything...or this f 700 does not support any of the application???

Back