My mom has had cancer come and go since I was a little kid I've grown up through this. I'm now 18. its coming again probably for the last time, I've learned how to handle it so this time I can do it. I've always been curious if anyones experience was like mine. At first I was a little kid I didnt know what cancer was, I figured it was like a cold or the flu. She starts having surgery all the time, then chemo, my mom loses all her hair. I don't know how to handle it, so at school I sort of put up an act, I act differently then the other kids, so I never fit in. The other kids on the playground didnt understand why i acted differently so they would make fun of me, treat me like shit. I'd come home but my mom would be so sad and in pain I couldnt tell her i had a bad day like the other kids could tell their parents, I would always tell her i had a good day. I would hug her, cry in my room. the next day I'd wake up she'd be in bed in pain, then id go to school and the same thing would happen. a year would go by when her hair would grow back, and I'd just start to fit in again, but then it would come back. The same thing happened to my sister but she changed in a different way, but kids made fun of her for it too. I don't talk to any people about it because my mom shouldnt have to feel bad about ruining my childhood. my question is, are there any other kids out there who dealt with stress the same way, or how did you deal with it as a kid when you didn't know how to deal with stress?