Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ford F-1 4x4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Until you said diesel I would ALways say Dodge as they are the best built and being built and designed by cummings they are great trucks.As far as Gas get 10 cylinder Ford F350 Duel Wheel Turbo charged 4x4 Gm has some good trucks too their 3500 series but the new trucks are getting much better when it comes to pulling. And it will be hard to find a used one but I have a web page you can check it's called www.trucktrader.com they have used trucks their for sale all the time. It also depends where you live. If you can save a couple of grand by flying somewhere and buying it do so but get the vin and do a kelly blue book price check first at www.kbb.com. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Best truck to pull loaded four-horse trailer?

I am looking to buy a larger truck in the future, and intend on towing horses a little more than casually. If I use the trailer I have available currently, it would be a 4-horse straightload (No LQ). So, add in four horses approx. 1200lbs each, couple saddles and bridles, bale of hay...What truck can handle that with ease but isnt more truck than needed to get the job done?

Ill probably buy used, 2003 or newer. I prefer automatic, and I need a full backseat and doors b/c Ive got a toddler and possibly more to come in the future. No diesel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are making a bad decision not wanting a deisel. they get better mielage, and theres a huge torque difference. If you dont want a Desiel, i would look for a Gas chevy 3500 with an Allison tranny because if you pull alot, you will probably replace a transmission after a while. I think they made gasers with allisons, im not sure, do some research. But stay away from the older dodges because they really had tranny problems especially pulling stuff as heavy as a loaded trailer.