Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member senorchipotlerecapitated's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people feel religion should change if it doesn't fit their views?

... this is for those who are religious, yet accept homosexuality, evolution, among other things, and think churches should be accepting of them as well. i would ask that, if you know that your religion isn't consistent with reality, then why be religious at all?

if you know that the adam and eve story was bull, and that a global flood never happened and a man never circumnavigated the globe thousands of years ago in a homemade boat, then why do you still go to church and read the bible?

it is a fact that man was evolved from lesser species, it is a fact that people are born with the propensity to be attracted to the same sex. the bible contradicts this, yet reality upholds it. why not accept reality and reject the bible? is it out if a fear of burning for eternity?

while it is true that there are good moral stories in the bible, it is also true that the morally reprehensible ones full of heinous acts by god and other ''righteous'' men, completely outweigh the good. there are plenty of books with good moral stories that don't have the horrible ones, why not read those?

thoughts?
    natassia... if there is a god, given the complexity of the known universe and everything therein, the bible god seems a bit petty and useless in comparison to its majesty. with that in mind, i'm compelled to think that the bible god is not that god.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The `burning for eternity` is what almost made me convert, but I don't hold anything against Religion, unless I'm in the mood to blame everything for no reason, but some Religions promote tolerance, as for Science there are Religious Scientists ~Atheist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The `burning for eternity` is what almost made me convert, but I don't hold anything against Religion, unless I'm in the mood to blame everything for no reason, but some Religions promote tolerance, as for Science there are Religious Scientists ~Atheist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because we would rather have G-d come down to 'our' page than for us to get on His page. It makes us 'feel better' when we try to convince ourselves that 'G-d understands and He loves me anyway.' The problem with this type of theology (or lack thereof) is that it completely negates the fact of a Righteous, Sovereign and Holy G-d, and brings G-d down to the fallible level of human beings. But the Bible tells us that even Jesus, while in human form - did not sin.

So now what......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on! It's a "fact" that man evolved from a lesser species? It's a "fact" that people are born...same sex? You go!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ignorance....GOD IS IN CHARGE....WHAT HE THINKS IS what matters!!

Senior Member NoChanceWithoutJesus's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends on who their God is,

If God, is their God, then he determines the truth and they abide by it.

If they are their own god...then they make the rules by which the abide.

Whoever your god is pays the price for your sins

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spiritual does not necessarily equate religious.

Why go to church or read the Bible? I don't go to church, but in regards to the Bible....well, deep down I know there is Something...Someone...a Creator. I can't take a walk in nature and not think that. But obviously I want to KNOW more about It/Him. And so far, the Bible has provided the best spiritual answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because it is garbage if it doesn't fit anyone's views but those with neuroses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because holy books were written by men who wrote their personal beliefs of god together so why not add on to them with your own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast