Gay Rights: The Civil Rights Issue of Our Time....?

dancing_in_the_hail

Dec 23, 2008
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081223/ap_on_re_us/lesbian_rape

Non-whites have had their fight, as have women (both are still ongoing)...is the Gay Rights Movement the next civil rights movement which will require Supreme Court intervention? 10 points to be most thought-provoking answer...

Rules: Don't use God or the Bible as your argument, no hate talk, no name calling.

I'm looking forward to seeing what is posted!!!

~C

I think its really sad that some people still view homosexuality as a choice, rather than innate, as someone else is stating here. Sexual orientation IS innate, and SHOULD be given the SAME civil rights as everyone else. People do make a choice to live true to who they are, but they do NOT make a choice to be homosexual.

Yes, sexual orientation is innate. Science has shown that often the brains of homosexuals are wired and shaped like those of the opposite sex. Not only that, but it has been shown that a family that has a gay man in the family has increased fertility in the maternal line--an example of sexually aggressive genetic traits.

No one should have their rights impugned on something they are born, especially since homosexuality appears in thousands of animal species, proving it is natural.

The statistics being used by the answer above me have long since been debunked.

Back