Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wouldn't the world be a better place without religion ?

Think about it, all the people that died and are dieing for their religious beliefs i.e radical islam terrorists or going back to the armenian genocide and the holocaust.

Not to mention, without religion we won't have people patronizing each other because their "God" is superior, or the fact that without the existence or spark of religion, we would have less hate in this world.

If my point of view is wrong, please prove me wrong. I asked the question to get some opinionated facts from people.
    Well feeding the hungry and supporting the orphans and the unhealthy is something people would do (morally) I don't think it's really a religious thing.

Hmm Gonna have to agree with you Hussein, but Stalin was a well known sociopath I don't think those deaths would have been prevented if he DID belong to a religion.

Sociopathy is a disease not a state of mind or spirituality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, because religion is only a part of the problem.
    The real problem is tribal identity.

Until people identify as individuals, become responsible for their own life and mistakes, stop blaming others for their problems, and stay out of other people's business, the world will not become a better place.

And there are some religious people that do all of what I mentioned above. Therefore, it's not religion that is the problem. It's people that won't do what I mentioned that are.