Its about my koi fish attacking my goldfish.?

wonderwoman1

Jun 20, 2008
Since we bought the koi he's been fine but this last week we've noticed he's been chasing the other fish around the tank and we thought maybe thats fish play who knows.. well just 5 minutes ago the koi attacked my smallest goldfish and the poor thing died. i took him out of the tank and put him into a separate bowl hoping he'd recover but i looked at him and he was bleeding and everything.

im not a fish person im a dog person but we got the fish for my daughter on her birthday as her own pets type deal, anyway i just wanted to know is the koi going to eventually attack them all? should we take it back to the store? hes not a big koi hes a smaller one but hes got at least an inch on all the fish in the tank.

what to do?

Koi are usually the most docile creatures you could find... if he attacks another one... you will have to make a decision about which to keep the goldfish or koi...

if you can, you should keep your koi fish in a separate tank from the goldfish. koi fish and goldfish don't get along well because most koi fish have a more aggressive temperament. they are hardy, ignorant fish and are quite stubborn although very elegant-looking.

~hope this helps~

Back