Windows XP? I have a bit of a problem here...
I have a Toshiba P205D-S7802 laptop that came with Vista Home Premium (SUCKS!!) and I have been meaning to uninstall that, and put XP on it. So I tried to install it. After the first setup it restarts like normal and goes to the logo and then is supposed to continue setup, however, the laptop shuts off abruptly, or restarts continuously. So I looked in the BIOS changed things around, tried to see if that would solve the issue, but it didn't. So I tried SP1, SP2, and SP3 neither one did any different. All restart continuously at the logo. Sometimes an occasional shut down all of a sudden. So I decided to setup XP on the HDD using my desktop then after installing all patches and things that people have put together for the computer for this issue; I removed it and put it back in the laptop, and still the same things happen. Only this time, I am seeing a blue screen flash very quickly and then it restarts.
Yes I have...
hit F12
hit F2 and went into setup
safe mode
safe mode with command prompt
safe mode with networking
last known good configuration that worked
start normally
flashed BIOS from Ver. 1.20 to newest 1.40
used SP1
used SP2
used SP3 with vista pack
used XP corporate SP3
slaved the drive and installed XP on another PC and transferred the HDD back.
Formatted COMPLETELY (quick)
Formatted completely (slow)
slaved and formatted

turned off the Wi-Fi card on the laptop
I have done ALL that I can think of, all that others have suggested on various forums!
I am at my wits end, and I am just hoping that this will lead me to someone that has this laptop, and has fixed this issue.
NONE of these things had ANY effect on the outcome of solving this issue. All lead to a restart/shut down.
Please if ANYONE has done this successfully, please HELP ME OUT!!!
well... there has been no new hardware added to it. I already knew that couldn't be an issue.
Also there are several people floating around that are using this very same laptop with XP, but they all went different routes, and none of them work for me!
I forgot to add that with Vista the restart and shutdown thing NEVER happened. The laptop is perfectly clean, and it most certainly is NOT doing this because of an overheat! It is impossible for one, because there is absolutely no reason for it to after about 1 minute of running. I believe it is a SATA driver problem, I may have Vista drivers and not XP, I will check this out.