Human intimacy = Sexuality?

Anne

May 11, 2008
I'm usually repellent towards normal intimacy, such as getting touched in any manner, especially hugging. So I found it quite strange when I enjoyed being laid on top of; it was a 'I'm supporting you" sort of feeling.
I was over my friend's house the other day and the two of us were watching a movie. She started to sorta.. lounge on me, so to speak. Part of me found it very, VERY uncomfortable, while another part of me really kinda enjoyed it. If it meant anything to her, it didn't show. I can't stop thinking about it though; it felt nice. Nobody had really been a friend enough to touch me that sort of way before. It wasn't like she touched me anywhere particularly sexual, it was just... nice.

Is that hinting towards anything? Is it normal for me to crave feminine intimacy like that? I say feminine because if any guy did that, I'd probably slap them across the face..or something along those lines.

It definitely could be some kind of sign. It doesn't mean that it is for sure though. I'd look into it though. Maybe watch for other signs of your friend touching you and stuff like that. Maybe she likes you.

I think socially, woman can be more intimate with each other without it being seen as sexual. A lot of what is seen as sexual is cultural. In some countries, the breasts are not sexual, neither is holding hands, even among men, but the back of the knees are in one culture!

Back