In this past year, did any one buy an HD-DVD player? If so what is it doing now?

Yup. I bought the Toshiba HD-XA2 because it was the best HD DVD player available. At the time, HD DVD was a fully defined and implemented specification - unlike Blu-Ray, which was still evolving through various features and profiles.

The XA2 is sitting in my audio rack, disconnected. I've gone Blu with a Panasonic DMP-BD35. My TV only has 2 sets of HD inputs, and my HD DVR is connected to the other one. So the XA2 will sit, unused, until I upgrade more pieces of my system and get more inputs.

well. theoretically, it's sitting on my shelf, occasionally playing the 5 HD Dvd's I managed to get my hands on.

What do you mean "whats it doing right now"? Are you asking if I still use it? The answer is yes. The nice thing is that when I bought it last year I got 2 dvds that came with it, then when they announced hd-dvds werent being made anymore best but gave me a $50 gift card as a sorry about your luck gift. The nice thing is is that there were a lot of movies that came out on hd-dvd and I can get most of them off the internet for like $10 and netflix still rents them.

Back