Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on what type of racing bike and the terrain. Do you mean a racing BMX bike vs a regular BMX bike?

Typically the main differances between a racing or performance bike and a regular bike are the weight and quality of components, with the racing bike being much lighter than a regular store bought bike (tank).

You can also select different ratios for the chainring and rear sprocket that affect speed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question about bikes?

how much faster is a racing bike than a BMX? Is it even faster? Sorry, I really don't know.
    I mean like a racing road bike or a regular bmx.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The speed is astonishing when you first ride the road bike and you are used to a BMX. the top speed on a road, depending on your legs and the bike's specs is around 30 mph for a rider who does not train regularly. if speed is what you want a track bike converted for the road is what you want. Acceleration is really slow but it's totally made up for in top speed (about 40?). a BMX bike is about the slowest bike type there is on any terrain. if you go with the road bike, wear a helmet. any crash you are in at those speeds WILL kill you without one. I was just in a minor crash and fractured my wrist. any crash will have enough force to kill you many times over making this the most fun mode of transportation there is.