Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ok..dropped my iphone today, home button stopped working...thought I was in for a few hundred in repairs..read this post, so I just dropped it again..and again..didn't work.
    So then I saw a video on You Tube on how to open up the iphone (use a small screwdriver and small suction cup...literally took me one minute to do it..and I have zero technical skills)
    So then I opened it up..and then just "pressed around" the inside of the iphone around the home button..top and bottom..thought I felt a very sleight "click" when I pressed around the tab numbered "4"...put it back together and VOILA!! it works!!!
    so, likely that dropping it caused some disconnection, and my fat fingers pressing around the inside must have re-seated this connection.

Anyway..worked for me, may work for you. Worst case, it doesnt' work and you are in no worse position for trying at least.
    Yes - this worked for me, too. Surely a "healthier" approach than dropping it again! That number 4 tab appears to be the plug and socket between the front and back of the phone. In my case, it was completely adrift and no amount of repeat dropping would've re-seated it. If you're careful, opening the phone really isn't difficult. The rubber sucker is vital, though!

Unregistered
    OK I can't believe this but dropping it did make my home button and external sound work... however it still won't charge and if I get a call the person calling can't hear me.

Unregistered
    I can't believe this worked.

I accidentally dropped my phone down the elevator (the old school kind) about 4-5 stories, the elevator people retrieved it, but the home button stopped working. i read this thread and was skeptical about how many success stories there were. i tried it and what do you know, it worked.

i can't guarantee that this would work for everyone, but at least i'm adding another point for the "it works" side.

Unregistered
    Does this really work? I don't know what height to drop it from.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does this really work? I don't know what height to drop it from.
    Nevermind about that. Dropped it again. It went haywire for about 5 seconds. Then voila!

Unregistered
    OMG!!!!

thank you so much!!! after dropping my phone the home button didnt work so i was freaking out thinking about having to get a new phone (i so totally in love with my iphone...) but i thought..what do i have to lose (after reading this post) and literally HURLED my phone at the ground a few times and

IT WORKS AGAIN!!!!!

Unregistered
    I had the same problem, googled it and found this, just dropped it, BAM good as new.
    That's awesome

Unregistered
    Omg done the same thing, dropped my iPhone and it stopped charging and home button was broken.

Dropped it (took 4 drops) but it frigging worked! Love it thank u!

Unregistered
    that's awesome!! i dropped it twice after the bottom doesn't work, then it works again haha

Unregistered
    I will ahve to try it... does it really work? I need it working ASAP!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast