Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Unregistered

it works

I found this site from a google search after not having success with reboots, and somewhat skeptically i tried (i figured if all these people are vouching for it, it might actually work. Well I dropped it a bunch of times, and that didn't really do anything, but then i slammed it down on my desk pretty hard a few times ... and voila!

So, yes, if your home button stops working just beat the shit out of your phone

Unregistered

what about all other buttons

i dropped my iphone from about three feet up and all my other buttons quit working, the home button works fine. think its the same simple fix? just wondering before i beat the shit out my phone and make the last button stop working too...

Unregistered
    Same problem. Took it apart by removing two screws at the bottom and prying the glass out. Made sure plug #4 was tight (think it snapped back together) mushed around on the button aparatus and it works now. Thank goodness!

Unregistered

Star Blue Amazing!!

U guys are super, Just dropped my phone on the way in the door from work and the home key wouldnt worked, googled "home key on iphone not working" and read these posts was doubtful that dropping it again would make it work, but hey presto it did! Thanks a million saved me the hassle of trying to claim off insurance and the endless forms to fill in!

Unregistered
    Lol I thought you guys were fos. I tried it, and guess what I was wrong. Thanks for helping fix my phone

Unregistered

hahahaha

I dropped my phone, then the home button didnt work, so I read this blog and tried dropping it again multiple times cautiously then became frustrated and hucked it at the ground... picked it up pressed home & it went straight back to the home screen! ha so weird how things work thinking about throwing my phone everytime something happens lool

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol…this forum is hilarious. The funniest part is those who had no such problem and still dropped their phones to see if it is real. I won’t do that in my dream. That’s really funny.

PiperMatt
    Dropped mine from chest high in the parking lot at the grocery store... hit pavement and slid under a car. CRAP! Fetched it and the home button wouldn't work... for over EIGHT HOURS.

Found this post... thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever read. Kept reading... are you SERIOUS? So I dropped my phone from about 3 feet high onto the carpet next to me.

Home button now 100% functional after the first drop. I'm baffled, but thankful!

Unregistered
    I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't work perfectly for me. I had to drop it about four times (It's gotta be a solid drop...which is a little scary with such an expensive piece of electronics), but it worked.

Unregistered
    WOW! Thank you so much, Poster #7. I had the issue with teh home button not working, and also no sound coming out of the speaker. I did as you did, opening the phone using a suction cup (I did look at Youtube first to make sure I didn't disconnect anything), pushed around Tab 4 and heard the click; and TA DAAA! My phone works again! Sound, home button, everything!

Thank you so much - without you I would have asted a lot of time and money trying to get this looked at.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast