Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

A friend gave me a used HONDA,mech said it already has water in its engine & needs

to be replaced.Is it worth? a friend gave me this honda car (i believe its a 1998 model), 84k mileage (she said she rarely used it), never turned on the engine, kept it sleeping for 8 years in her garage,...the mech said the engine already has water in it and when he puts gas to run it, it blows off black smoke...he also said that buying a new engine would cost around 1100..and dont forget the tires and other accessories.

However when we drove it from our back alley garage to the front driveway...it worked just fine.

Is this car worth repairing???....pls help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you know if it has a "Cold Air Intake"? (It is a long pipe going from the intake manifold down to the front right wheel well of the car, with an air filter on it)

If it does not, I do not see how it could have gotten water in the engine. Checkout Tamparacing.com for used honda engines and other tips and info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dude... u have nothing to worry about. but it u wanna be on the safe side just change ur oil tune it up with a fresh set of spark plugs, plug wires, put in a new air filter and check ur intake tubes than ur set. nothing u should be worried about. save you a hell of alot o' money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    its a freaking honda! take it to another mechanic for a second opinion and get it fixed. it will last forever and you won't be burdened with payments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    oogen fart

Downloads
    Uploads
    NOPPPPPPPPPp

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would really depend how much you wanted it.

It might be worth the repair since you got the car for free. If you don't want it, the resale value should be more then you payed for a fix-up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heck yeah its worth it!!! But i would take it to a new mech to get a second opinion first! ps hondas don't loose their value

Downloads
    Uploads
    it worked just fine? get another mechanics opinion.... honda's are good cars

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would really depend how much you wanted it.

It might be worth the repair since you got the car for free. If you don't want it, the resale value should be more then you payed for a fix-up.