Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

who do you think makes the best subwoofers for home theater use?

I already have a Sony 60" big screen TV, Klipsch Pro Media DD5.1 preamp/processor, Waves' Maxx-Bass 102 bass enhancement processor, Outlaw Audio ICBM signal processor, 1 Raine ME 305 31-band 1/3 Octave graph equalizer and 2 Raine ME 605 dual channel equalizers, 1 Outlaw Audio model 7575 7 channel home theater amplifier and 6 JBL S38 bookshelf speakers(with 8" woofers in ported bass reflex chambers) but no subwoofer(s) yet.can someone direct me to good set of subs? I'm looking for 2-4 powered models with down firing 15" subs and front firing passive radiators.if you think I'm looking for subs that will be massive and put out to much bass for my TV room( 15' x 30') feel free to tell me so and point me in the right direction.Know I'm thinking about putting one in each corner of the room at a angle so that the woofers are pointed at the center of the room with two big couches and a recliner in the middle between them(think a square "U" shape with gapes).
    after reading what the first person said I'm rethinking the lay-out. Now I'm thinking one sub in front of the TV hided by the same frame that holds my center speaker and one in back covered by a table or some type of furniture.would that be enuff? I guess they need to be video shielded to.

Oh yes the subs need to be under $1,200.00 each and I would like it if they could "sound" and feel like the subs you see in car stereo with lots of subsonic vibration(15-hz at around 95-120 db maybe if pausable at that price).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recommend Velodyne. I think two will be more than adequate. You will have two problems:

1) Placement. Corner placement is not recommended. There is too much chance of null spots and hot spots. The speakers should by asymmetrically located, but you will need to experiment. Near a wall is ok, but avoid a central point. Get an analogue sound level meter to set it up.

2) Rattles and other noises. If you plan to have loud low notes, anything in the room not nailed down will be a source of unwanted noise. That is the main thing that keeps me from getting the most volume from my Velodyne sub.